Tuesday, Jul 19, 2016
Do you travel interstate in Australia at least once a year? Do you pay up to $600 return to do so?
This offer from American Express gives you 1 x free flight in Australia per year. That’s 1 x FREE RETURN domestic flight within Australia, with no points needed, no taxes to pay and baggage included.
Here’s the catch: Amex charges a $195 annual fee per year. That’s right, just $195 (and you get a free flight that is worth a whole lot more than that if you fly from Perth to Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane). I have personally used these free flights in Australia for a few years.
That $195 fee is easily covered by this free flight offer.
What Other Benefits Do You Get with American Express?
In addition to the free domestic flight each year, you get:
- 15,000 bonus points when you spend $550 on your card in the first 2 months
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months
- When you pay for travel on your American Express Card you receive free domestic and international travel insurance
- Earn 3 rewards points per dollar spent at major supermarkets, 2 rewards points per dollar spent at major petrol stations and 1 reward point per dollar spent on all other purchases (excluding utilities, insurance, telecommunication providers and government bodies in Australia, where you earn 0.5 reward points per dollar spent)
- Redeem your points for free international flights with any leading of their airline partner programs including Virgin, Qantas, Air New Zealand, Emirates, Etihad, Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines and Thai Airlines. Asia Miles can be used on Cathay Pacific, Qatar, British Airways, American Airlines and a host of other airlines.
And many more. Click here to see the full list of benefits.
Where Can Your Points Take You?
If you sign up to this offer, you’ll get 1 x free flight every year, plus 15,000 bonus points. Plus, if you refer friends and family you currently get 30,000 bonus points. Sign up 2 friends and you’ll already have 75,000 points and they’ll each have 15,000 points. Plus, you’ll all have a free flight within Australia.
So where can this take you? 60,000 points will take you from Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane to Los Angeles RETURN. 30,000 points will get you a free return flight from Perth to Singapore. The possibilities are endless.
I recently used 180,000 points to book 2 x first class tickets from Singapore to London later this year. I’ll be enjoying 14 hours of first class luxury on Singapore Airlines:
How Do I Apply for This Free Flights Offer?
Applying for this card (and the free flights in Australia offer) is easy and only takes 5 minutes. Simply click on this link and you’ll be taken to the American Express website. You’ll thank me later.