Being the SEO and E-Commerce Manager at Kitchenware Direct has its perks. For one, I got to attend Pubcon 2012 in Las Vegas (not a bad week of work…).
The main sessions at Pubcon kicked off with a bang yesterday. Robert Cialdini’s keynote was the best I’ve witnessed at any conference, ever. If you weren’t lucky enough to be there in person, Lisa Barone wrote some great notes on The Principles of Persuasion.
Besides Cialdini, there was some great speakers on the day (my personal favourite being Tim Ash of SiteTuners).
Here’s my top 5 tips from Pubcon Tuesday
- Add social media links on your order confirmation page (increase social conversions in this increasingly social world)
- Bill Hunt states that 53% of users click on Google’s first organic result (aim high!)
- Use loss language to create scarcity. E.g. “See what you’ve been missing” rather than “New”
- Use exclusivity of information to drive conversions and traffic (“I just got this white paper today – its not even published yet!”)
- Remove sliding homepage banners – they’re distracting!
Can’t wait for the rest of the Pubcon sessions!