2013 Was a Great Year
I set a number of goals and although I didn’t achieve all of them I was very happy with the way 2013 panned out.
Let’s take a quick look at my goals for last year:
- Buy a house with my girlfriend – TICK. We are now the proud owners of a house in Perth’s southern suburbs.
- Speak at an internet retailing conference – TICK. I did this twice in fact. Once on a social media panel at the PeSA conference on the Gold Coast and another during a 30 minute slot at the Online Retailer Roadshow in Perth. Whilst both were pretty nerve racking, it was a great experience and I’d definitely be open to further public speaking appointments in the future.
- Have a post published on YouMoz – CROSS. I didn’t get around to this, but whether it’s on YouMoz or elsewhere I aim to have my work published on a authoritative site in the future.
- Win a premiership with the mighty Brentwood Booragoon football team (and not get injured as much…) – CROSS. Well, I accomplished half of this. I didn’t get injured anywhere near as much as 2011-12. My first injury was 5 minutes in to the very first practise game (my meniscus in my knee), but after that I managed to play out the full season. Whilst this aspect was successful, I can’t say the same for our team. Last on the ladder with just 2 wins; it wasn’t a great year!
- Run the Perth City to Surf in under 55 mins – CROSS. I entered the City to Surf for a third time. However, with very little training I managed to complete the course in a little over 1 hour.
2014 Will Be Even Better!
My goals for 2014 include:
- Get fitter – I’ve already begun intermittent fasting and had some early success in the gym. I want to lose weight, drop body fat, become stronger, have better cardiovascular fitness and eat better. Easy, huh?
- Clear my debts – apart from my mortgage, I want to clear all credit card and other debts.
- Win a premiership with the mighty Brentwood Booragoon football team (and not get injured as much…) – this remains a goal of mine.
- Become an expert in the SEO and online marketing fields in Perth – I already offer a number of consultancy options for local businesses; however I endeavour to become more well known amongst the Perth online marketing community. Speaking at additional conferences, attending local meets and gaining a bigger online presence will help this cause.
- Continue to build my business portfolio – I have a successful eBay business and run Swish Plastic with a friend of mine. These two projects allow me to explore my entrepreneurial side and develop my overall business capabilities. I’m continually on the lookout for new opportunities and hopefully 2014 can present me with further business proposals to explore.