Tuesday, Jul 24, 12
3 Reasons to Visit New Zealand
I recently visited New Zealand on a 2 week holiday with my girlfriend. The whole trip was fantastic – definitely a place I would recommend to others. We ate and drank like nobody’s business. Throw in a few adventure sports to tick off the bucket list and some wonderful scenery along the way, and it was close to the perfect holiday.
Here’s my top 3 reasons to visit New Zealand:
- The scenery – it’s amazing. We visited amazing places such as Lake Taupo, Queenstown, Rotorua and Fox Glacier. From the alpine mountains in Queenstown to the 100s of waterfalls we spotted along the drive from the south to north island, if scenery is your thing, you can’t go past NZ.
- The adventure sports – we ticked a few off the bucket list including sky diving over Lake Taupo and Queenstown’s famous canyon swing. I recommend both (although I was pretty nervy before them!)
- The food – we seriously didn’t have one bad meal in the entire two weeks that we were there (bar perhaps for the ham and pea soup we cooked ourselves in the campervan). If you’re in Queenstown I highly recommend the Mexican Restaurant, Sombreros. I had the quesadilla here and it was hands down the best I’ve ever had. Another must-have is Ferdburger. Ask anyone in town and they know exactly where it is – it’s a Queenstown institution. Just be forewarned, however. We waited 50 minutes for our burgers (there is always a line stretching outside our door), but it’s well worth the wait. If you get a little antsy, they sell beer on tap so you can enjoy a few as you wait. I got the Bull’s Eye which consisted of 200g of rib eye steak cooked to perfection. If I’m ever in Queenstown again, first stop is Ferdburger.
For more images – please check out my Google+ album.
If you enjoyed reading these reasons to visit New Zealand check out:
- From Where I’d Rather Be (images from all over the world)
- Reasons to Visit Thailand (an in-depth review of my visit to Thailand)
Category : Travel